Oct 15, 2011

I'm too wet for this

I blame my mom 100% for this issue of mine. I know I'm weird. You don't need to remind me of that. And this is just another weird random quirk of things about me that I cannot stand.

As a tiny child, my hair was decently long. It was usually at my shoulders or longer. And my mom loved turtlenecks. On me. When I would get out of the shower I would grab my towel and go to my room and start drying off. But I was still at a young age where my mother would dress me. And she would come in and pull a turtleneck onto me. With my hair still wet. SO BAD.

Cold, wet hair. Stuck to my body. Running down my neck. No matter how hard I tried, I could never ever get my hair dry enough fast enough before my mom swooped in for the kill. And I couldn't get my hair to get out of my shirt quick enough. It gave me the willies. And still does.

So now I have to be completely dry after I get out of a shower, pool, lake, fountain, etc. before I can attempt to put on clothes without chills running up and down my spine. Even my ankles have to be dry or putting on pants bothers me. This will always be a problem for me and I know that there is no way for me to change it. Way to go mom. Scarring your only daughter for life. All I can say is thank God I chopped my hair so it's not an issue anymore. See mom? Look at what you make me do.

"Put some chocolate on it and I might consider it."

No comments:

Post a Comment