Mar 31, 2012

Last underage post...!

Of course this weekend has to be extremely busy. And I have a thousand things I should be doing right now. I have exams I need to be studying for. I have other homework that needs to get done. I could nap even despite the 11 hours of twice interrupted sleep I have. I really should clean my room since it is very gross. But alas, nothing is quite as interesting to me as blogging right now.

I am preparing for a very exciting day. Soon, I shall be 21. Most of my friends are already 21 and have been for a while. So they would get to go out on the weekends and get into places I could not. It was annoying but I got used to it. It only would still piss me off when it would prevent me from following through with plans.

    I did not go on spring break with friends because I would be younger than them all and that would prevent them from going out to bars and clubs at night since I couldn't get it. They could do whatever they wanted and I would be the anchor attached to their ankles holding them back. So instead of being the annoying bitch, I stayed home.
    The other time that it pissed me off was on Saint Patrick's Day. All I wanted to do was have some authentic Irish food for lunch and enjoy some Irish music. That was all. But the Irish restaurant/pub decided that it was going to be 21 and over. Starting at noon. NOON. Do you have any idea how many people they must've had to turn away? Because they can't let in a family with small children and turn away me. Because I was turned away. So no I did NOT get any Irish food on Saint Patrick's Day-- I got Panera. Which is good but not what I wanted.

But now I will be able to go to any restaurant and any show any time I want. I won't have any age restrictions on me any more. I could go to a bar to see a concert. I can eat dinner in a pub. That's one of the things I look forward to the most. To have the freedom and the choice to go where I want when I want. Because it is different than not wanting to go somewhere and coincidentally not being able to go to the place and just having the choice not to go.

So here I go: into the final days before freedom. I'll post again from the other side. Wish me the luck I'll need to survive the night. I won't let go Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment