Oct 23, 2012

Old school social media

So I should be studying right now. I started studying and haven't gotten very far. Why you may ask? My roommate and started down a terrible path through the awesome 90s. It all began when her Reese's had 2 wrappers around it. Which lead to the conversation about how if you had a wrapper for a Tootsie pop with the Indian shoot an arrow at a star you could make a wish. Which lead to Wonderballs and different games and toys from the 90s. Like Crazy Bones, Skip-Its, the first toy robots, furbys and of course Tamagachis.




From there we thought of all the different types of online accounts we had. Some are not to be mentioned. But we even looked up our old AIM accounts. I mean who doesn't want to talk to SmarterChild? Hilariously I could still access mine. I remember my username and my password and easily was reconnected. I wanted to see if my away messages and profile were still saved so I could laugh at myself. Unfortunately there weren't. Fortunately my icon was still the Chinese symbol for faith or something. And as I looked at my list of contacts (which were all still intact from back in the day) I saw that some were still online! I mean they were using their phone but still. Why do you need AIM anymore guys?! My roommate reminded me about her Xanga to create those moving icons for AIM and other Xangas. If you need a good laugh you should check out her link. We died laughing at it all.

But seriously I highly recommend you check out all old Xangas, AIMs, etc and laugh at how you acted back in the day. I refuse to delete these accounts now that I have found them so I can always get a good chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment