Oct 21, 2012

Appreciate where your friends are.

I find it difficult to blog and get my studies done at the same time. Which is why I've been lacking in blogging recently. I've been working and studying a lot. That said, here we go.

     Going off to college I had planned on finding a school where I knew no one and making a ton of new friends. That way I wouldn't have to interact with a lot of people from high school unless I was at home or really wanted to keep in contact with them. My best friends all went to different schools so that we are all spread out across the great United States. This of course means that we have minimal interactions with each other. Of course we can talk or text or Skype, but it's not the same as getting together for a drink or dinner. And there are times that I miss all of you terribly.
        Starting after our freshman year is when we dispersed even more. All of my male friends got internships from the corners of the country. That's when I began to appreciate the little time we got to spend together. We would only see each other during major breaks or near a holiday. And even then, with our extensive and different schedules, we had even less time to see each other. As time passed, some studied abroad in Europe, others dropped out to start working, others didn't have money to fly home. Now we see each other at most 4 times a year. Everyone is just too busy working or at school to make it home for long periods of time to hang out. I guess this is what growing up is.

     This past weekend, my best guy friend from home came to visit. I was so excited and thrilled to see him because I see him only 2-3 times a year. He lives in California and it is just too expensive to fly to the Midwest that often. So I pretty much ignored all of my other friends when we went out so I could hangout with him. And saying goodbye to him today made me sad to know I won't see him again until Christmastime (fingers crossed).

I have plenty of friends here who live within 2 hours from school. They get to see their best friends several times a semester all the way up to 1-2 times a month. Going more than a month without seeing each other makes them upset. And to those people I say Fuck You. You need to appreciate all that time you have together. We are all growing up and soon will be dispersed across the country. If you are blessed enough to see your best friends that often then you should be grateful. There are some of us who never see our best friends. We don't have money, transportation, or time to see each other. I haven't seen some of my best friends since Christmas last year and cannot wait to see them again.

So basically, don't rant to me about how you never get to see your friends if you actually get to see them more than once every 4 months. Because I will ignore you completely and consider you to be a selfish bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment