Feb 20, 2013

Do your pants hang low?

So being a college educated woman, I would have thought that most other people who accept their new maturity and both act and dress appropriately. I'm not saying weather appropriate (unlike these ladies here) I'm just saying age appropriate. I know that many fashionable outfits for women are not always the must functional for the weather, but they are still appropriate for the age they are. I suppose this was a silly assumption to make.

The weather outside is frightful. It lingers around a chilly 30 degrees Fahrenheit and usually has a brisk wind. I thought I was surrounded by other educated people. But I turn around and see a line of fellas (I refuse to call them men) walking around with their pants belted to hang below their asses. And even then they had to continually pull up their pants. It is just embarrassing for them. They look like they are young fools about to get caught for spraying graffiti on the side of a school building. Which is just juvenile and immature.

What is the purpose to wear your pants like this anyways? It doesn't look "cool" and it isn't functional. Is it a status symbol that you are gangster or badass? If someone was chasing you and you wore your pants like that, you'd be dead. You couldn't possibly run while holding your pants. That's just moronic

Now I know I don't know much about fashion and I'm trying to keep up with trends, but at least I don't look like an idiot on consistent basis.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous27.2.13

    that trend originated in prisons to signify the fact that said male was "available"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that's the origin, but it's not in prison anymore and it shouldn't be at universities either.

      Delete