Feb 5, 2013

Super Bowl Commercials

I was not a huge fan of either of the teams in the Super Bowl this year. So instead I decided to talk about my favorite thing... the commercials! There are always decent ones but stemming from past years, this is where you have the best of the best. The  Here are some of my favorite commercials of the year, not in any particular order.

1. M&M What I would do for love... but I won't do that. M&Ms tend to have a funny entertaining commercial every Super Bowl. Last year they debuted the ad where Red removed his coloring and danced to Sexy and I Know It. So funny. This year Red was singing what he would do for love with clips of him and his human girlfriend playing. Then what he wouldn't do. For example, get in the oven. Or let people gnaw on him. I don't know. Maybe I just have a soft spot for the chocolate candy.


2. The Sketchers commercial. I love the whole animal kingdom thing and then a man tackling a cheetah? How great is that? The dude was running so fast he tacled and tied it up by its tail to save an antelope. How can it not be a great commercial?



3. Cars.com. This was the only commercial of theirs that I have ever liked. It had a couple finishing buying a car from a dealer and saying how they missed the drama usually expected. So they are handed a puppy. Well not a puppy, a baby wolf. Only to learn that the overly protective mother was 20 feet away. The reactions in it made me laugh.







4. Of course the classic Budweiser Clydesdale commercial. Watching the horse being reared as a pony with his owner and then he goes away to be a famous Budweiser Clydesdale. The reuniting moment between horse and owner friends tugged at everyone's heart strings. Classic Bud.



5. Best Buy with Amy Poehler. She is just HILARIOUS. I love everything she stars in because she is just one of the funniest women out there (including Tina Fey and Kristen Wiig). She just says the darnedest things. 



So those were my top favorites. The commercials were a little lackluster this year and somewhat disappointing. If you want to see any of them I'm sure they are all on YouTube.

And naturally the Beyonce concert BLEW MY MIND. I was gonna flip out if she didn't have a little Destiny's Child reunion up there. I'm just glad that B is back from being a full time mom for Blue. If Destiny's Child does a reunion tour you bet your ass I will be there. And if you want to join me hit me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment