Sep 17, 2011

Fairies without wings

Recently I got a, what some would call drastic, haircut. My hair was about the length of my shoulders and I decided to chop it all off. I had wanted to do this for a long time but there was a lack of faith and trust in a good hairdresser so I waited.

Every girl understands the need to have a good hair stylist to cut our hair.  We all have had our fair share of botched haircuts. Ones so bad you have to run to a different hair stylist to get it fixed before anyone else saw you. Not many guys understand this because they have very basic haircuts. Also, we get very loyal to the people who can cut our hair they way we like. We trust them to make sure that we don't look like total buffoons when we go out in public (minus what clothes we are wearing or nonsense we put on our face).

So I got a pixie cut. It's super short. Like maybe an inch of hair in the back and on the sides. I still have bangs and it's still long on top so I can make it messy and gel it or slick it back or just have it normal.

I made a hypothetical $20 bet with one of my good friends the day that I got my "trim." I uploaded the picture to the right along with another one onto facebook. I made this fictional wager that NO BOYS would comment on either picture. It was fine if they "liked" the pictures but that none would comment on them. And I almost won this fictional bet except my brother had to say I looked like I belong in She's The Man. But why was he the only one? Why wouldn't a guy comment on them? Lots of girls did...

Is it because I look too much like a boy now? Totally disregarding my appropriately sized tits or my decently apparent waist or my tight jeans hugging my hips and ass. Does the fact that I willingly went and removed a lot of my hair make me intimidating? Or at least more intimidating than usual?
Maybe it's because they just don't understand. Why would someone with hair as long as mine was cut it all off? What is the purpose?

It's fun. It's playful. It's packed with attitude. And when would be a better time to experiment than right now? I love it. I can gel it up like a faux-hawk. How badass is that?

Just because I have short hair now does not make me look like a dyke. And I don't appreciate your jokes about it. None of us sexy girls with pixie cuts do. Because let's be honest, if you could, you would still bang Tinkerbell.

"I'll decide whether it's a compliment or sexual harassment."

No comments:

Post a Comment