Sep 26, 2011

Fresh cheese balls.

I made a fabulous sandwich today. I thought it was delicious enough to share.

       So I really like fresh mozzarella cheese. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. It is way better than any other cheese and is always wonderful and nom. Nom nom nom. At home, I'll help make appetizers with my mom that are just like mini kabobs with a small ball of fresh mozzarella, baby tomato, and an olive (I don't like olives so I just give mine to the dog. Clearly I'm her favorite). So I knew that tomato and mozzarella was savory together.
       I really wanted to melt the cheese onto my sandwich sort of like panini style, or how they use cool culinary blow torches, but I wasn't really prepared for either of these approaches. So I just sliced up the cheese and put it on very lightly toasted bread. It didn't really get anything melty but I pretended it did anyways. I sliced up some tomato and put it on the other slice of bread. Then I took my deli turkey and just layered it between. The mozzarella was just these little balls in olive oil and some herbs (maybe Basil?) and so those flavors carried over onto the bread so no other condiments were needed. It was like heaven in my mouth. All the flavors blended perfectly but still stood out in their own special way.


My mouth is literally watering right now thinking of how delicious this simple sandwich was. Like if someone asked for a bite to try it, they would get shut down faster than the federal government when there is an inch and a half of snow. Haven't been to D.C. with a "winter storm" advisory for 2 inches of snow? That's good because everything closes. Even when there ends up being no snow at all...

"I chose cheese fries over sex for the third time this week."

No comments:

Post a Comment