Sep 10, 2011

Shorten this, bitch.

I will never apologize for a post I write. It could be something really dumb I write about (which is pretty much everything) and waste a whole 5 minutes of your life, but I don't care. There are no warnings that "Oh this is random and a waste of time" or "this is really boring" or anything like that.  This whole blog is random so if you think I'm wasting your precious time on this planet then don't read it. Easy.

I don't believe that there should be all these abbreviations anymore.  The acronyms I'm okay with, sometimes.

The main reason that all these abbreviations and acronyms started was for texting. It was easier and faster to text when we can shorten all our words. We didn't have keyboards and had to use that pain in the ass T9 crap. WE HAVE KEYBOARDS NOW. There are touch screen or actually little buttons. Each with its own letter on it. Everyone texts so fast nowadays and move their fingers so quickly and texting takes so little time to actually do, I think the abbreviations can be dropped.

Like totes obvi. Cuz dont i look so adorbs wen i talk like this? this is like so perf.

No.
No no no.

I am an adult. I want to be taken seriously. Or at least not like I'm learning to speak English for the first time.

The worst part is when all these abbreviations make it into actually verbal conversations. This is when I can't stand the abbreviations or acronyms. I don't speak things like WTF or LMAO. I actually speak the words or express my emotion by actually laughing. So when people start abbreviating around me, I will call you on it and tell you to stop.  You want to have a conversation with me? But you can't take the extra second to actually use real words in the dictionary? No thanks.

Grow up around me please. Because I will judge you when speak like that.

"Nice get-up girl. Crack whore convention in town?"

No comments:

Post a Comment