Nov 13, 2011

How to get extra time to take an exam

So I'm listening to some of my lectures for class as I am studying for an exam this week. And my professor mentioned something that triggered a rant. She said something about if you need extra time to take the exam, you need to remind her before each exam for her to set it up.

                             WOAH NOW.

I have experienced something like this before in my time in college. Last year, I woke up in the early hours of the morning on the day of a chemistry exam and ran to the bathroom where I instantly became sick. I spent the rest of the night in the bathroom throwing up. Not sure what was causing my illness -- food poisoning, 24 flu, maybe even stress-- I immediately sent an email to my professor that I was sick. I didn't want her to think I was just skipping out and I was prepared/wanted to take my exam and get it over with.  She just told me to keep her posted.
      Mid-afternoon I was feeling better but still wasn't sure what had gotten me sick. So I sent her an email explaining that. Also that I didn't know if it was a good idea for me to be in a crowded lecture hall taking the exam with a couple hundred other kids. Like what if I needed to go run to the bathroom in the middle of the exam to puke my brains out? Or what if what I had wasn't just from eating bad meat or the 24 hour bug? What if I infected the entire class? I didn't want to be worrying about that while I was focusing on organic chemistry.  So she said that there would be a small group of kids in a separate room that she would add me to. I was grateful and was at the room early to find 6 other kids there. I recognized one from my lab. She liked to run her mouth about how she has ADD and this and that. Real annoying bimbo. But so as the time approached to start the exam, the proctor told us each how much time we had to take the exam.  Apparently being ill gives you can extra 20 minutes to take an exam. And if you have ADD. or something like that, you can be awarded up to an extra hour.

                       SERIOUSLY?!?

How on Earth is that fair to anyone? If you have really bad ADD. you are probably on some sort of medication to help you. And there are plenty of people who are borderline and don't have meds and they do just damn fine. Isn't college supposed to help you get ready for the real world too? Are you going to go up to your boss and be like "Hey so I have this learning disability so I need you to give me a couple extra days to finish this. Okay thanks." Yeah right. You're gonna get fired on the spot. So suck it and and figure out to how to accommodate this. Most of us have. We find our weaknesses and learn to work around them. Hell, otherwise we all would say we have ADD or ADHD or something like that. Who doesn't want extra time for an exam?

Also, some bitch chose the stall right next to me again. I chose the last one. There were 2 perfectly good stalls to chose from beside the one you picked idiot.

"Who lit the fuse on your tampon?"

No comments:

Post a Comment