Nov 4, 2011

HA! Hitched at 20.

So there are some things that I think should never happen. Specifically, I mean marriage. And very specifically I mean marriage before the legal age of drinking. I mean come on people. Don't you want to be able to drink that sweet (or actually probably more dry and bitter-ish) champagne once you tie the damn knot? Don't you want to be able to relax with a glass of wine after the long day? Or when you go on a honeymoon (you probably can't afford since you aren't in the real world yet) and chill on a beach or cruise or mountain or something and being to have a drink with your darling precious newly beloved soul mate for life and forever more? Gag me. But really if you can't legally drink once you're married (and busy becoming a baby factory. Someone smother me if that ever becomes me) and coming home to a nagging wife or disrespectful husband, why not just wait? You know you're gonna need a drink.

But seriously people, why do you think getting hitched before you're 21 is a good idea. Didn't some study somewhere important show that brains are NOT fully developed until 22 or something? Do you really think that making one of the biggest decisions of your life before then is wise?

I know a few people who got married at 20. Well guess what. They ain't married anymore!! And I get that in smaller rural towns it's common and the norm for people to get married young. Whatever. I still stand by what I said but I guess with the production of moonshine there, it doesn't matter the age. They gonna drink anyways. Or you got knocked up and got married to smooth over the fact you had pre-marital sex. WOAH. Imagine that. I think that's not the most intelligent response to the situation either. Marriage does not solve your problems. I mean you could have the wedding of your dreams and then the divorce of your nightmares just months/years/weeks later (cough cough Kim K cough cough).

Let me just clarify and say being engaged before 21 is fine. That's just phase 2 of a relationship. It's not legally binding and the wedding may never happen. Look at Pam and Roy (Office reference). They were engaged for years and never got married. Thank God too because I fucking love Jim and Pam. Like you have no idea. Ah but I digress. Engagement prior to 21 years of age is fine with me. Because you can always call it off when your brain is done developing. Or once you reach that stage and know it is truly right.

But I mean really... The divorce rate is something like 50% isn't it? So why not just wait? So you can get smashed at your reception when your stupid cousin starts hitting on every guy there. She always makes a fool of herself now, doesn't she.



Girl look at that body. Girl look at that body. Girl look at that body. I, I got tentacles! Get it Sharktopus.

"You're only young once but you can be immature forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment