Dec 8, 2011

Virginia Tech

Today, there have been 2 fatal shootings at Virginia Tech. The shooter, at the time I am writing this, has not been caught. My heart goes out to everyone connected to the school. I pray that those there are safe, the law enforcement involved can make a swift arrest and find this man, and that no others are hurt before he can be stopped. It is so sad that the majority of this school's attention comes from the shootings that take place. I will never forget the massacre that happened there back in 2007. Going away to school, young adults should not have to worry about being shot unlocking their car or listening to a lecture or studying for finals. I can only hope that a situation like this never personally affects me or anyone dear in my life. Keep those at VTech in your thoughts and if you ever have suspicions about someone's mental state or if they could be a danger to others, do not hesitate to tell someone with authority. I know it's hard to do, but especially if they are dangerous -to themselves or others- you need to do something.

This post does not get a witty or bitchy ending. But it should end with compassion. Life is precious. Treat it as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment