Dec 1, 2011

I want washboard abs again.

Talking about high school makes me think of lots of things; prom, dumb classes, favorite teachers, among other things. And how in shape I was. And by in shape I mean I had no definite waist or hips. Put me in a spandex suit and ignoring my chest and lack of a.. ahem... package, I looked just like a boy. But whatever I was fine with it for a while. I mean I eventually got a defined waist. But that's not what I'm getting at. I was built. But not in the gross female body builder ways. I had the sickest 6-pack of my life. Like visibly present (especially when someone takes a picture of me in a bikini laughing). I could benched 120 a few reps. Best shape of my life. When I think about how I want my body to look, it's like that. I mean with the feminine touches and all. So I use the ab circuits that I did preparing for soccer and want to get back to being able to do 100/200s like I did with good old Bobby. That's 100 push-ups and 200 sit-ups.

As I was in the gym tonight working out, I thought about how productive it would be to have a trainer. I mean if I'm seriously trying to get back into shape. Oh and just because someone is thin/slender/skinny/whatever does not mean they are in shape. So I want to get muscle back is what I'm saying. But I started to think about all the trainers/coaches I've had over time and remembered a conversation I've had with my brother before.
         I much rather prefer a male coach. Yes I understand there is a difference between how women and men should be coached and probably taught. Especially in athletics, the ways that the different genders work out affects their bodies different. Due to the whole differences in hormone levels and all. But I don't care if I'm supposed to be doing a high intensity workout and I just got my period. Suck it up. That's what a good coach would say. He would NOT accept that as a reason to have an easier day. I want a man to push me to my limit. I want him to force me to be better than I am. So that even when I think I'm getting tired, I keep going and can't wimp out. Women get too cheery about these things. Or just don't get serious and interact with others that well. I mean if it's just a couple friends going to the gym to work out together it's one thing. But to get into a serious workout, I don't think I could have a female trainer. Too chatty.

So fellas, if you feel like going to the gym and working out and doing weights and stuff with a chick, let me know. Side note, I got closer to touching my toes today!

"I'm the bitch my mother always wanted to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment