Dec 10, 2011

Free shit.

First of all, what library closes at 5pm the weekend before finals? How do we not have libraries that stay open until at least 9pm? I mean sure it's the weekend but many libraries have extended hours now. Except the one that I chose. Great.

The most popular library just happens to be underground. I hate going there because it is a social library not a study one. During dead week and finals, it is open 24 hours. Which also means it is packed these 2 weeks. Which super sucks. The only good thing about it is that Jimmy Johns likes to show up. WITH FREE SANDWICHES. I mean they aren't full size sandwiches but they send out several employees with boxes of mini sandwiches to just hand out to students studying. I mean it's a great promotion idea. And I love free food. So when I'm there pretty late the next week, I better get some free snacks.

But really who doesn't like free stuff? I mean really. Who doesn't? Because they are an idiot. I don't care what it is. I pretty much always will take something that's free unless it will... well actually I don't even have a good example of me turning down anything free.
            After I stopped buying physical CDs I was at some festival or something that was handing out special CD openers. They were these sliding things that would cut through all that plastic and awkward tape on new CDs. I took 3. Did I ever use one? Maybe once.
            3 weeks ago one of my best friends had a friend visiting and we walked around town showing her around. We went into a candy store and they had free samples of chocolate covered cherries. I took one and ate it. I don't like cherries. It was free! How do you pass that up?!
            The other night I was studying in the union. I knew that I had to get up really early to harvest pig organs and that I needed a lot of sleep. It was like 10:30 but I decided if I didn't get a coffee I was going to pass out with my face on my note cards and would do something embarrassing like start drooling. Then my notes would get icky and I wouldn't be able to read them and would have to start over. Anyways I got the coffee. The barista and I started chatting about studying for finals and he asked if I wanted an extra shot of espresso in my coffee. I thought about it for a second about how much later I would stay up if I had that. And decided to accept his offer. In retrospect, I still support my decision. So I didn't fall asleep until 3 or 3:30 and had to get up at 7. Big deal. WE HAD A BONDING MOMENT. It would've been rude of me to decline this polite fellow's offer. Also he works tomorrow so maybe I'll stop by and see if I can get another free shot. Because I will definitely need it.

CRAM CRAM CRAM.

Blogging is what I use as my study break. Depending on how exhausted my noggin gets, I may have maybe posts during the next 5 days.

"Live today as though it is the last day of your vacation."

No comments:

Post a Comment