Jan 3, 2012

The holidays are over.

For some reason, the holidays seem to have a magical effect on most people. Myself included. We all get cheery and happy and want to reconnect with everyone we know and be content. We forgive some for whatever they have done for the sake of family or friendship. Now that the holidays are over, I am properly prepared to finally write about something I have been meaning to get off my chest. And no I'm not talking about my shirt.

I pride myself on being a pretty loyal and respectful person. I'm a Cubs fan so there's some proof of at least that first part (THIS IS THE YEAR!). And if I'm ever wrong or I'm not living up to reasonable friend expectations, my friends know to say something to me or if it's at the extreme, just to walk up and slap me. Since I'm not often slapped I will know what they are saying with their hand. If I have a friend call me or say that they need help, I drop whatever I'm doing (if I can) and go to them. I always have my friends' back even if it's something little. Here are some issues that I have with people not being...  decent humans.

First, if I have reason to believe that when you say "Hey we should hang out" you really mean it, I actually set aside time for you. If you give a specific day then I clear my schedule. Like if you say "We should catch up on Thursday" then I will make sure mentally that I'm free when I agree with you and then turn down any other offers of getting together with anyone else. So you better fucking show up on Thursday. I can't stand it when you find something better to do with someone else that you planned and overlapped it. Sure if it was going to be a bad time, I would've been okay with it. Things come up. I get it. BUT DON'T TRY TO RAIN CHECK ME 30 MINUTES BEFORE WE WERE GOING TO MEET UNLESS YOU HAVE A DAMN GOOD REASON. Have some decency to at least cancel so that I have enough time to go out with people who care.

Second, if you have a problem with me just say it. If you come to me and say to my face what your issue is, I have a lot more respect for you even if we are not friends or it's becoming a heated argument. There are plenty of people I don't like but that doesn't mean we can't act civilized. When people, especially those who say that they are friends, can't come forward to say what's wrong to me and have to go around behind my back or tattle on me and not fess up I have a problem. Even worse is when something is speculated and then people start spreading rumors or talking shit and it comes back to me. And it always does. That's when I get shitty. You want to clarify something with me first? Just fucking ask because I'm a pretty honest person and will probably just fill you in so you don't have to act like a little bitch. When I have a problem with someone or I'm mad, I don't try to hide it. If you have done something that pisses me off so much that I won't be over it the next day, you will know. If you just mildly piss me off and I'll get over it real fast then I won't say anything since it isn't worth it. I've learned to pick my battles. And they are few and far between.


Respect.
Get it and give it.

"I do all my own nude scenes."

No comments:

Post a Comment